1. Add a new color. A few big names in design have chosen their “colors of the year.” Benjamin Moore Paint is promoting a soothing yellow “Lemon Sorbet.” Pantone, the color giant, has chosen Emerald, a greenish blue that is described as richer than turquoise and deeper than aqua. Either of these colors would give any room a fresh and unique look.
2. Draw the eye to an accent wall. Use a unique wallpaper pattern or bold paint color to make one wall the focal point in any room. Hang complementary art on that wall and move a nice piece of furniture there.
3. Clean up the clutter. Messy spaces are unattractive, no matter what the underlying design. Create storage spaces for common clutter such as for papers, mail, toys, coats, and other items that can make a fabulous room look disastrous.
4. Liven things up with a plant. By their very nature, plants bring new life into any room. If you don’t have a green thumb, use high quality silk plants and trees. There are many affordable artificial plants that look very real. If you do go the artificial route, be sure to keep them clean and looking vibrant.
5. Design with decorative pillows. Well-placed decorative pillows can add unique patterns and textures to a room. They can also bring color schemes and themes together from room to room.
Windows & More proudly serves Lake Ozark, Osage Beach & Camden, Miller & Morgan counties, with a showroom in Osage Beach. Contact us for a window treatment consultation!