New window treatments are an investment in your home, and we want to help make that investment worth it in the long run. That’s why professional installation of your window treatments is so important. Without it, your window treatments may not look or function properly, making them wear out more quickly. At Windows & More serving the Lake Ozark area, our window treatment installers are expert craftsman who take every step in the process carefully and precisely.
Correct Measurements are Key
The perfect installation job starts with accurate measurements. Our installers are pros whose experience has helped them learn how to do the job right, especially with the varying types of window sizes and shapes. Here are a few things we have seen get DIY installers in trouble:
- Assuming that your new window treatment can be mounted on the inside of your window.
- Misjudging how different window treatments will hang together.
- Not allowing space for lifting mechanisms.
- Not considering motorization features, either to be installed now or later.
- Assuming that all windows are perfectly square — they’re often not.
Professional window treatment installers are specialists in their field. They take your home architecture into consideration such as your window moldings, light switches, etc. to recommend the best installation. Correct measurement means knowing where the window treatment is going to be hung in relationship to your window. A few other considerations of installation include:
- Inside Mount – This allows the window treatment to hang inside your window frame and closest to the glass to provides better insulation.
- Outside Mount – This allows the window treatment to be hung outside the window, usually covering the molding or casing. If your windows aren’t square this is a good option and it also gives the illusion of making the window look taller.
- Hardware – Using the correct hardware to properly support your new window treatment and protect your window molding and frame ensure your window treatment will function correctly for years.
Window Treatment Measuring and Installation in Lake Ozark Area
Windows & More proudly serves Lake Ozark, Osage Beach & Camden, Miller & Morgan counties, with a showroom in Osage Beach. Contact us for a window treatment consultation!