If your home is stuck in the wrong era, maybe it’s time to update it. One of the best and easiest ways to do that is by adding color. At Windows & More here in the Lake Ozark area, we understand the importance of color in a home and how well it can quickly change the look and feel of one room. However, we also know that many of our customers are nervous about adding color because they don’t know what to use or how much. If you’re wanting to make a change in your home, read on to learn more!
Inspiration for New Color
Choosing color doesn’t have to be stressful. Essentially, just choose what you like—as long as you’re willing to live with it, it’s right for you. Even still, if you need some inspiration, we’ve collected some of this year’s trending home design colors. You might or might not like them, but they might point you to one you do. For example:
- Vibrant Citrus Colors, such as bright yellow, electrified coral, or zaps of orange, which speak to a carefree positivity. You’ll probably only want to use hints of these colors in your home décor, though.
- Terracotta, which is a far cry from the vibrancy of the colors mentioned above. But it’s definitely making a comeback this year with its earthy essence and Southwest flair. Plus, it’s great to combine with complementary reds, greens, yellows, and blues.
- Tinted Gray, which takes the long-popular shade and adds tints for more life and personality. For example, you might find it tinted with purples, blues, or greens.
- Dark Green. Speaking of greens, dark green, especially if it offers hints of gray, is definitely on trend.
- Blues, such as those that are softer than navy and warmer than denim. You could also choose a bolder shade—just be sure to balance it with neutral colors like white or gray.
Finding Trending Colors in Window Fashions
Hunter Douglas offers hundreds of colors and styles, so you’re bound to find something that will work for your home. If you’re looking to add something that is like one of the colors above, you’re in luck, because, for example, Pirouette® Window Shadings offer more than 60 fabric colors, including Coral, Guava, and Indigo. And Duette® Honeycomb Shades come in beautiful fabrics such as Farmhouse Red, Indigo Mood, or Oregano. Or look to the Design Studio™, with its new textiles from renowned designer Rebecca Atwood. You can find such colors as Tomato/Gray, Storm Grays, and Ice Blues in fabrics with delightful designs. Check them out today!
Stay on Trend in the Lake Ozark Area
Windows & More proudly serves Lake Ozark, Osage Beach & Camden, Miller & Morgan counties, with a showroom in Osage Beach. Contact us for a window treatment consultation!