Our clients throughout the Lake Ozark area often ask us about coverings for doors. When selecting window coverings for doors, it’s important to consider style and functionality. Because a door serves a much different purpose than a window, it should be looked at differently from a style perspective, too. Here are some ways doors and window differ from each other:
- Use: Doors are used more frequently than windows
- Function: Doors require room to open and close, while windows typically slide
- Size and orientation: Doors are often floor to ceiling. Windows are typically about 30-40″ above the floor.
- Frame: Doors are usually flush with the wall, while most windows have a frame which allows for inside-mount if desirable.
Choose the Best Door Window Coverings
To achieve the perfect combination of style and functionality, you may need to choose different window treatment products that can be custom-made to complement each other. For example, if your living room has two windows and a sliding glass door, and your adjacent kitchen has a large but short window over the sink and a skylight, you have several distinct window covering needs. Each of these factors impact your window treatment options. Take a look below at the many different window fashion combinations for your doors and windows:
- If you have honeycomb shades on your windows, try custom draperies or Vertiglide® by Hunter Douglas on your sliding glass door.
- If you have wood blinds on your windows, try vertical blinds or complementary custom-made curtains on your doors.
- If you have bamboo woven wood shades on your windows, try vertical woven wood panels on your door.
- If you have Hunter Douglas’s Silhouette® shadings on your windows, try Hunter Douglas’s Luminette® Sheers on your door.
- If you have roman shades on your windows, try split-draw drapes on your door.
Matching Window Coverings for Doors and Windows
Sometimes, the look you’re trying to achieve is best achieved by matching coverings of both windows and doors. If you feel like you really need to have all of your coverings to match, here are some stylish window treatments that can work well on both doors and windows:
- Alustra® woven texture shades by Hunter Douglas
- Designer Roller shades
- Plantation shutters
- Honeycomb shades, horizontal for smaller openings, vertical for sliding glass doors and large opening
Buy Window Coverings for Doors in Lake Ozark Area
Windows & More proudly serves Lake Ozark, Osage Beach & Camden, Miller & Morgan counties, with a showroom in Osage Beach. Contact us for a window treatment consultation!