Dogs and cats are fun to have in a home, but they can be destructive—and they can often find the things that are the least safe. The wrong window coverings can be on that list—dangling cords in particular can present a choking hazard, for example. Luckily, there are plenty of beautiful and pet-safe choices out there; to find out which might be the best for you, speak with a trained consultant at Windows & More serving the Lake Ozark area.
- Avoid mini blinds, fabric shades, fabric verticals, draperies, and corded blinds or shades.
- Remember to select the right product and fabric to meet your pet’s personality.
- No window covering is completely safe from chewing and scratching, but you can take precautions to minimize the hazards.
Pet-Friendly Options From Hunter Douglas
- Duette® Honeycomb Shades – Made from a very durable fabric and is available in hundreds of colors and opacities. Add the top-down/bottom-up feature with LiteRise® cordless system, and you have the best of all worlds: Lower the top, raise the bottom, or keep them in a combination of both. Honeycomb shades cover the entire window, so dogs tend not to bother them
- Designer Roller & Screen Shades – Allows you to raise the shade to a comfortable position, so the pet can see out. They offer a sleek modern style with remarkably smooth operation, ease of lifting and the smallest light gap in the industry. Roller and screen shades are available in hundreds of fabric choices, opacities, textures, and solids. Pets can sneak behind the shade without the threat of the shade falling down
- Everwood® Alternative Wood Blinds – Allows you to tilt open or closed the slats, so pets can see out. They are easy to clean. More durable than wood, but a large dog could still snap the slats
- Operating Systems for Pet Safety – The operating system is just as important as the product itself. Consider motorization for the utmost in safety; other options include cord tensioners, wand controls, and retractable lift cords.
Finding Pet-Friendly Window Treatments in the Lake Ozark Area
Windows & More proudly serves Lake Ozark, Osage Beach & Camden, Miller & Morgan counties, with a showroom in Osage Beach. Contact us for a window treatment consultation!