If it’s been awhile since you’ve shopped for window treatments, then you’re in for a treat. Innovation in the window treatment industry has created so many different styles of blinds and shades. The design options are nearly endless, and lifting systems range from child-safe cordless systems to wireless motorized systems. As blinds and shades become more advanced and unique, proper installation is becoming much more important. At Windows & More serving Morgan County and the Lake Ozark area, we can help you find the right window treatment with the perfect fit.
As a Hunter Douglas Gallery dealer, we offer professional measuring and installation services to get the job done right. Consider these questions when planning for installation:
- What is the depth of your window opening or casing?
- Do your windows lift up or have a crank handle?
- What kind of molding do you have around your windows?
- How much room do you have around the molding?
With this info, our window treatment specialists will be able to narrow in on the type of new window treatments that will work best for you, including whether or not to mount them inside or outside your window frame.
Inside Or Outside Mount for Window Treatment Installation
Inside mounting of window treatments is the most popular. Benefits of mounting window treatments inside your window include:
- Providing a cleaner look in the window
- Exposing your molding as an added decorating element
- Complementing, rather than interfering with, draperies
- Reducing energy costs by having the blind or shade lay closer to the glass
Outside mounting of your window treatments works well in specific applications. An outside mount covers the entire window and can provide a uniform look. Consider this installation option when:
- The depth of your window is insufficient for the blind or shade to be mounted inside
- You want the blind or shade to be totally off the window when raised
- There is an obstruction inside the window frame
- You have a unique or irregular window shape
- You don’t want your window trim to show
- Inside mounting would interfere with a window crank handle or alarm sensor
- You want total privacy with no light gap
Window Treatment Installation in Morgan County
Windows & More proudly serves Lake Ozark, Osage Beach & Camden, Miller & Morgan counties, with a showroom in Osage Beach. Contact us for a window treatment consultation!