It’s sometimes easy for people to overlook the potential hazards of window treatments, especially when it comes to children and pets. However, window treatments and infants can be a terrible mix. But today, there is no reason for us to lose another child through “Infant Cord Strangulation.” If you have not updated your functioning window treatments, perhaps it is time.
If you have older window treatments, you can order a free retrofit kit by contacting the Window Covering Safety Council by phone at 1-800-506-4636 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You could also get the new, cost-effective Safe-T-Wand. The first option is a simple fashion wand that encases hanging, dangling, and strangling cords. The second option is for woven wood and Roman shades. Called the ProLift™ system, it will lock the strings in place so your children can’t get their head in the cords. Click here to learn more about the Safe-T-Wand retrofit kits and where to buy them.
If you’re going to buy new treatments, rest assured that Hunter Douglas, the leader in safety, has ensured that dangerous dangling cords don’t ever have to be an issue. A few of the most popular options are:
- Motorization—this option eliminates lift cords and provides added security.
- Use the PowerView App on your tablet or smartphone to control and schedule your window treatments—even when you are not home
- Program PowerView™ to create the perfect room setting—morning, noon, and night
- PowerView Pebble Remote Control allows you to pre-set and operate up to six different window treatment groups—as a group or individually
- LiteRise® and SimpleLift™ Operating Systems—these systems make raising and lowering blinds and shades easier than ever before.
- Simply push up to raise and pull down to lower. Your blinds and shades stay right where you put them
- No lift cords for a clean, uncluttered look and enhanced safety
- Vertiglide™—this system has no lift cords, chains, or wants and is perfect for window treatments that open side to side, such as patio doors
- Wand Control—a wand controls all functions without any cords. Perfect for vertically oriented window treatments
- Clutch Lifting System—the spring clutch lifting system raises and lowers shades without any cords
To learn more and download the Hunter Douglas Child Safety brochure, visit HunterDouglas.com.
Child Safe Window Coverings in the Lake Ozark MO Area
Windows & More proudly serves Lake Ozark, Osage Beach & Camden, Miller & Morgan counties, with a showroom in Osage Beach. Contact us for a window treatment consultation!