If you’ve got a room-decorating project on the horizon, it’s best to start creating your plan for how you’ll get that done. There’s a lot to take in, from furniture arrangement to colors to window treatments. At Windows & More serving the Lake Ozark MO area, we’ll be more than happy to help. See below for steps things to consider as you make your room-decorating plan.
Eight Steps to Follow to Decorate a Room
- Decide what you want the focal point of the room to be. That will inform a lot of other decisions, such as furniture placement, colors and complementary colors, room style, and accessories.
- Get some ideas from magazines and the internet. Yes, the amount of information out there can be overwhelming, but you might stumble on a gem that will help you form the look of your room.
- Map out your room on graph paper. Measure all the dimensions and note where the windows and doors are. Then measure your furniture and create to-scale cut-outs of each piece. That way, you’ll be able to explore all kinds of room arrangements without doing any heavy lifting.
- Decide whether you want to use color on the window or on the wall. If you choose window, that will become the focal point of the room. If you choose wall, it will be more easily changed down the road.
- Think about the window treatments you might use and how you need them to function. It could be high energy efficiency, great light filtering or blocking, privacy control, or UV protection. You might also consider adding draperies or top treatments to soften the room or to add that splash of color that ties the room together.
- Be sure to think about accessories. They show who you are, where you have been and where you want to go! Accessories are the finishing touch that give your space personality. Never select an accessory to fill a space but to finish the space.
- Set a budget and a timeline and stick to both. You might consider having a contingency fund set aside in case you incur unexpected expenses in your project.
- Go shopping! You have determined your décor style and scope of your design project. You have set your budget and have allowed yourself enough time. Get your stuff and get to work!
Window Treatments in the Lake Ozark, Osage Beach MO Area
Windows & More proudly serves Lake Ozark, Osage Beach & Camden, Miller & Morgan counties, with a showroom in Osage Beach. Contact us for a window treatment consultation!