Roman shades just never go out of style. However, while many of our customers throughout the Lake Ozark area love the look of them from the inside, they don’t like look of the cords running on the back of the shade or the bulk of fabric at the top when the shades are raised. So Hunter Douglas created the innovative Vignette® Modern Roman Shades, which roll, stack, and traverse with no exposed rear cords, providing a clean appearance both inside and out. Take a look at the video below to learn more, and, if you’re interested in Roman shades with consistent folds and no exposed rear cords, stop by the Windows & More showroom in Osage Beach to see full-size displays of Vignette® Modern Roman shades.
Traditional Roman Shades
Roman shades have been around for centuries in a variety of forms. A typical Roman shade is made of fabric and uses a pull cord for raising and lowering. However, the cords make traditional Roman shades not necessarily child- or pet-safe, and they create some stylistic challenges.
Roman Shades With a Modern Twist: Vignette® Modern Roman Shades
This new take on the Roman shade features:
- No cords or strings visible to the outside when shade is raised or lowered
- A top-down/bottom-up feature
- 4” classic fold or 6” Tailored™ flat fold
- A unique headrail design that conceals and protects the shade when raised and that keeps the fabric stack from obstructing the outside view
- Semi-sheer, translucent, or room-darkening fabrics available in a variety of colors and textures and treated with a proprietary process to repel dust, soil, and stains
- A smooth, neutral backing that creates a finished look from the outside
- Matching fabric-covered headrail and bottom rail to create a unified look from top to bottom
- Available cordless and motorized operating systems for child and pet safety
- Accents by the Yard™ – Vignette fabric yardage for decorative accessories
Roman Shades in the Lake Ozark MO Area
Windows & More proudly serves Lake Ozark, Osage Beach & Camden, Miller & Morgan counties, with a showroom in Osage Beach. Contact us for a window treatment consultation!